We’re just starting to feel the heat from the first sunshine of spring which indicates that summer’s finally on its way. And what’s the one thing we all want in the summer? Ice cream!
Over recent years, ice cream has become more sophisticated, with luxury brands producing hundreds of lip-smacking combinations of flavours. The natural ingredients and flavourings of these high-end products satisfy our need for good-quality food and the taste is always amazing. Unfortunately, artisan ice cream comes with a hefty price tag, making it more of an occasional treat than something you can enjoy every day.
But what if there was a cost-effective way of enjoying high-quality ice cream whenever you fancied it, without having to worry about the price? And what if there was a way of controlling the ingredients so you only ever have flavours you like, and nothing is artificial?
How to make homemade ice cream with ice cream maker?
For just under thirty pounds, the Sensio Home Ice Cream Maker will enable you to get as creative as you’d like, delighting your family and friends, and adding an extra special treat to those socially distanced garden get-togethers. Do you have dairy intolerant or vegan friends? No problem, whip up some vegan ice cream using coconut milk, or make a refreshing sorbet using nothing more than fruit juice, sugar and water. You can be as creative as you’d like and get great results every time.
How does an ice cream maker work?
The Sensio ice cream maker makes making ice cream a lot easier than it is to say that sentence! For basic ice creams, pretty much the only preparation you need to do is put the container in the freezer for a few hours before you use it, then pour everything into the maker and leave it to churn. In less than half an hour, you’ll have delicious home-made ice cream - no artificial ingredients, no preservatives, just amazing flavours. And the more ice cream you make, the more money you’ll save by not buying expensive luxury ice creams.
Here’s one of our favourite recipes to make in our ice cream maker. It’s absolutely delicious, is made of 100% natural ingredients and is very easy to make!
How to make Frozen Strawberry Yoghurt?
- 300g cold fresh ripe strawberries
- 3 tbsp runny honey
- 200g cold full-fat natural Greek yogurt
- 75g finely chopped strawberries
- Remember to pre-freeze the Sensio ice cream maker’s container for 8-10 hours before you begin.
- Put the whole strawberries and honey into a blender and puree. (The chopped strawberries will be used later.)
- Place the Greek yoghurt into a bowl and add the strawberry puree. Stir well.
- Pour the mixture through the opening in the top of the ice cream maker and churn for 25-30 minutes until peaks form.
- Add in the chopped strawberries.
- Your frozen strawberry yoghurt is ready to serve straight away, or pop it into the freezer for later.
We told you it was easy!